Campus Location: Peosta
Program Entry: Enrollment may occur during any term. Fall term is the start of the program course sequence.
Award: Associate of Applied Science degree
Description: The Computer Analyst program offers two AAS options: Business and Web Programming and Networking Administration and Tech Support. The common core provides you with the flexibility of changing options at the conclusion of your first semester. Combining robust technical skills with strong communication skills is important to successfully prepare for employment in today’s computer industry. The program is designed to prepare you for a position as a web designer or web developer, technical support person, microcomputer consultant, trainer, networking administrator or network support person.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will be able to communicate professionally and effectively with clients.
- Students will be able to work in collaboration.
- Students will be able to identify the responsibilities of a professional working in the information technology field.
- Students will be able to analyze the local impact of computing on individuals.
- Students will be able to understand the stages of computer development.
- Students will be able to exemplify essential systems administration skills related to server operating systems.
- Students will be able to do essential networking installation processes.
Enrollment Process: See Enrollment Process .
Academic Requirements: To graduate from this program, students must complete all required coursework with a “C-” grade or above and earn a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
Minimum Credits: 69