Campus Location: Calmar, Online
Program Entry: Enrollment may occur during any term. Fall term is the start of the program course sequence.
Award: Associate of Applied Science degree
Description: Agriculture is becoming a highly specialized and technical industry. As a result, the demand for trained, enthusiastic people greatly exceeds supply. The Agriculture Business program provides you with a diverse technical, agricultural background with a combination of classroom theory and hands-on training. You develop technical agricultural skills necessary in an agribusiness, as well as skills in communications, human relations, management and sales. Internships are an integral part of the program of study. With the increased technology and regulation in agribusiness, there is a high demand for qualified graduates.
You can specialize in the areas of Agriculture Finance or Precision Agriculture.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will be able to formulate Agricultural Management Decisions that increase the profit of an agricultural operation.
- Students will be able to create a plan to manage production risk and financial risk.
- Students will be able to outline the basic concepts of crop and animal production.
- Students will be able to formulate a plan of action to address common crop and livestock problems.
- Students will be able to use a GIS system to Analyze spatial data.
- Students will be able to demonstrate worker competencies and good judgment on the job.
Enrollment Process: See Enrollment Process.
Minimum Credits: 70